African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment For AETC Program Officer
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AETC Program Officer
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Long-term Consultant
Department: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Contract Duration: Assignment will be for a duration of 12 months (with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance).
Job family: Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- The African Development Bank (“the Bank”), as the administrator of SEFA, hereby invites Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest to provide services for the following assignment: Africa Energy Transition Catalyst (“AETC”) Program Officer.
- The Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (“SEFA”) is a Special Fund that provides technical assistance, project preparation support and catalytic finance to unlock private sector investments related to grid-connected and off-grid renewable energy generation, as well as energy efficiency, across the African continent. The Fund’s operations are categorized according to three thematic areas, namely Green Base load, Green Mini-Grids and Energy Efficiency. The assignment described here will be undertaken under the Green Baseload theme.
- The AETC Program consolidates the Bank’s support for Africa’s energy transition by facilitating the large-scale integration of renewable energy generation at national and regional levels. The Program consists of various Technical Assistance workstreams including regional integration, national just energy transition plans and green hydrogen development.
Under the leadership and guidance of the SEFA Technical Unit (TU), which falls under the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN), the selected Consultant’s core duties will include but not be limited to:
- Program coordination: Lead the delivery of the AETC program, across all its work streams including supporting the procurement of consultancy firms and Individual Consultants; monitoring the implementation of approved projects and programs, as well as supporting their timely progression to completion. This will include regular supervisory reviews, liaison with the Bank’s clients, partners and service providers, as well as the compilation/review of progress and completion reports.
- Technical support: Active management of consultants, including with the provision of critical reviews of outputs/deliverables commissioned under AETC to ensure quality and achievement of key objectives.
- Development of knowledge management products: Provide analytical support and contribute to the development and dissemination of briefs, reports and presentation on best practices and key industry developments in technologies (e.g., renewable energy, green hydrogen, electro-mobility, energy transition frameworks, as well as innovative financing mechanisms).
- Operational and strategic support: Activities within SEFA or the Bank broadly, including contributing to internal and public management reports/documents.
- The Consultants should demonstrate the following: Experience in the management and the development of grid-connected renewable energy programs/projects – gained in more than one African country – and working experience with international financial institutions/development organizations are required.
- Proficiency in both English and French is preferable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of interest to the email below using and specifically mentioning the assignment (i.e. “Individual Long-term Consultant – AETC Program Officer”). For the attention of: Mr. Joao Duarte CUNHA, Division Manager PERN3, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department via: T.MUNGAI@AFDB.ORG with copy to M.THOBELA@afdb.org and C.firstname.lastname@example.org