World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment 2021– Apply Now
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant – Support FMoH in the Development of National Hypertension Guideline and Adoption of National Tools for NCD Data Collection
Job Code: 2105350
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 40 Days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Objectives of the Program
- Hypertension is the number one cardiovascular disease (CVDs) and leading cause of death worldwide. Nearly 80% of the CVD burden occur in the low- and middle-income countries including Nigeria. According to the 2018 WHO Country Profiles, NCDs accounted for 29% of all deaths in Nigeria of which CVD, predominantly hypertension, is responsible for 11% of all the NCDs mortality. Most of the deaths occur prematurely in persons below 69 years of age.
- Over the years, national responses to the hypertension epidemic have been haphazard without a comprehensive national guideline that address both prevention and management aspects of hypertension.
- However past efforts by the Nigeria Hypertension Society produced clinical guidelines which lacked multi-stakeholder participation. As a quick win, the FMOH adapted Nigeria Hypertension Treatment Protocol in 2020 and developed tools for data collection, both being implemented in selected PHC center’s in Kano and Ogun States
- Under the guidance of the National Coordinator NCDs, the WHO Country Representative and in close consultation with the Cardiovascular Disease Control Unit, the consultant will desk review literatures, documents and then finalize the draft National guidelines for the prevention, control and management of hypertension in Nigeria.
- The consultant will review the current tools available in country for hypertension management and finalize the draft national tools for hypertension programmes
Trending Delta State Government Recruitment For Graduate Internship – Apply Now
Description of Duties
The Consultant will perform the following duties under the technical supervision of the Cluster Lead UCN:
- Output 1: Undertake a desk-review of relevant literatures and documents including among others the WHO global hypertension guidelines, WHO HEARTS technical package for cardiovascular disease management in PHCs, WHO Package of Essential NCDs Interventions in PHCs, 2019 – 2025 Multi-Sectoral Action Plan for the prevention and control of NCDs in Nigeria, and Nigeria Hypertension Society’s guidelines 2020
- Deliverable 1.1: Draft hypertension guideline to be reviewed by stakeholders submitted to the NCD Division FMOH
- Output 2: Participate and support facilitation Stakeholders/Experts workshop to review draft hypertension guideline and data collection tools.
- Deliverable 2.1: Reviewed hypertension guideline submitted to NCD Division FMOH
- Deliverable 2.2: Reviewed data tools available and submitted to NCD Division FMOH
- Output 3: Participate and support facilitation Stakeholders/Experts workshop to validate and finalize draft hypertension guideline and data collection tools
- Deliverable 3.1: Validated hypertension guideline submitted to NCD Division FMOH
- Deliverable 3.2: Validated data tools available and submitted to NCD Division FMOH
Trending Npower Bank Detail Verification on NASIMS Dashboard for Payment 2021
- Advanced Degree in Public Health
- Knowledge of and experience in public health/non-communicable diseases programme and clear comprehension of strategies, polices, guidelines and legislation
- Advanced Degree in Public Health
- Higher degrees in Medicine preferably a Cardiologist, Neurologist or a Nephrologist
- At least 10-years knowledge of and experience in public health/non-communicable diseases programme and clear comprehension of strategies, polices, guidelines and legislation
- Be conversant with the tools and framework of NCDs control.
- Have knowledge about Nigeria’s health systems.
- Be computer literate in terms of text processing and data analysis;
- Knowledge and experience in developing training manuals for the health sector
- Have proven experience in writing National or Regional Guidelines, Protocols, Strategies, Framework, and Policy Papers.
Trending FRSC Recruitment Exams Past Questions And Answers – Recruitment Press
- Relevant work experience with WHO/other UN agencies/International development agencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills
- S/he should have at least 10 years of confirmed working experience in similar assignment.
- Have an excellent analysis, synthesis and report writing ability.
- Be a team player and able to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate well and explain technical and programmatic issues.
- Extensive knowledge of standard Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with data analysis packages will be added advantage.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of major Nigerian languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Application Closing Date: 26th October, 2021: 10:59:00 PM.