UNICEF Job for Security Officer Position
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights.
To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security Officer
Job No: 546756
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
For Every Child, Hope
- In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children’s rights in partnership with the government, civil society, children and families. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the direct supervision and general guidance of the Security Specialist, P3, Security Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance to the supervisor to manage a range of activities on security planning, management and risk assessments to ensure the safety and security of personnel and their eligible family members and safeguarding of UNICEF premises, assets and resources at the duty station.
Tasks / Responsibilities
Security Risk Management and Planning:
- Provide supervisor with input related to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets, and resources in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems.
- Participate as a member of the security coordination cell established by United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS).
- Provide technical support for contracted security providers.
- Provide technical input to UNICEF security documentation including security contingency plans and assist in drafting mandatory reports in accordance with UNICEF security reporting guidelines including Security Incident Reports (SIRs).
- Assist in the implementation of all technical security requirements contained in the UN Security Plan, Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Residential Security Measures (RSM), and other relevant policies, guidelines, and assessments.
Trending Terminal Manager Job at Libra Motors Limited (Lagos State)
Safety and Security Services:
- Monitor the security situation and provide information, through the supervisor, on emerging security threats to UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises assets, and resources.
- Assist in security activities that support UNICEF operations and participate, as requested, in security risk management for all locations where UNICEF personnel and eligible family members are present.
- Coordinate with UNDSS to ensure all UNICEF personnel undertake all mandatory security training/briefings and participate in all security-related contingency exercises.
- Assist in the implementation of security surveys of international personnel residences in accordance with the Residential Security Measures (RSM).
- Ensure that UNICEF personnel are kept informed of matters affecting their safety and security and the actions to take in the event of an emergency including those identified in the UNICEF/UN Security Plans.
- Support the establishment of an effective and functioning communications system for security management within UNICEF that is fully integrated into the UN Emergency Communications System.
Trending NIMC Job for Biometric Architect (Nigeria Digital Identification for Development Project)
Security Networking and Partnership Building:
- In close coordination with UNDSS, actively participate and maintain official liaison with host government agencies, local authorities responsible for security, law and order, and counterparts in the UN.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Implement capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders on security-related preparedness and operations.
To qualify as an Advocate For Every Child, You Will Have
- A university Degree in one of the following fields is required: Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, Counter-Terrorism or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in global security risk management and/or security analysis is required. Demonstrated international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System is highly desirable.
- Experience in emergency context is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local languages at the duty station are required.
For every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)
Trending TS / Air Transport Assistant – NAFBASE Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
The UNICEF competencies ruired for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships (I)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (I)
- Drive to achieve results (I)
- Innovates and embraces change (I)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (I)
- Thinks and acts strategically (I)
- Works collaboratively with others (I)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Application Closing Date: 20th December, 2021.