Technical Product Manager Job at Vectar Energy
Vectar Energy is a sustainable energy development company invested in integrating CleanTech with FinTech, delivering incentivized, low carbon, data-driven, and cost-effective energy solutions to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Duration: 45 days contract with a potential to become permanent employment
- We are hiring a Technical Product Manager to join Vectar Energy. The Product Manager will work at the intersection of Engineering, the CIO's office, Sales and Marketing to specify and productize our innovative technology solution.
- This person will manage a multi-layered product with software, hardware, networking, and training elements.
- The Product Manager will help define the long-term product roadmap, as well as the process by which priorities are set for the next features and other technical improvements to our software.
- It will also involve market research and interfacing with both customers and partners in this cross functional and high impact role.
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Able To Assess Emerging Products And Companies To Measure Their Potential Value Or Threat To The Company And Its Products, As Well As Make Recommendations On Which New Technologies To Invest In Or Leverage.
- Act as a primary liaison between product and engineering teams
- Manage and review product requirements within the team and provide feedback to product management and other stakeholders
- Define engineering user stories, maintain and prioritize product backlog.
- Determine tasks for the developers / engineering team based on the product prioritization.
- Keep a good communication framework across the company through documentation
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Continuously evaluate product development progress through each phase and determine if the final deliverable meets or exceeds the expectations and is ready to be delivered.
- Perform product demos to customers
- Document requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria in a scrum backlog or in traditional requirements formats
- Translate complex business problems into easily digestible narratives
- Participate in the development process by providing just in time feedback and clarification to developers regarding requirements contained in the current development sprint
- Align on key business goals and customer needs for each product initiative and provide strategic product direction
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company
- Update and maintain all production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation
- Create Buy-In For The Product Vision Both Internally And With Key External Partners
- Ability To Work Well With Internal Teams, Including Developers, Engineers, Architects, Quality Assurance, And Operations. Ensure Requirements Are Fully Understood And That Implementation Plans Match Expectations.
- Translate Product Strategy Into Detailed Requirements And Prototypes
- Scope And Prioritize Activities Based On Business And Customer Impact
- Understand, Research, And Follow Technology Trends In The Industry And In General.
- Partner with executive-level stakeholders and the development team to define, deliver, and advance the product roadmap.
- Leverage analytics, surveys, competitive analysis, and user interviews to identify areas of opportunity or improvement.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn't—working
- Develop and execute a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, and go-to-market plans in partnership with business objectives
- Facilitate communication between Frontend and Backend development teams, DevOps Engineers, UI/UX Designers and clients
- Assist development team in removing blockers and getting questions answered
- Partner with engineers and designers to ideate, prioritize and deliver great solutions for our customers
Trending Warehouse Specialist at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (Kano)
Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- Engineering Degree required but not compulsory
- Two years of technical product management of a software product that has shipped to paying customers
- Technical understanding of software, hardware, and energy(clean tech)
- Experience in Fintech is a plus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start up environment
- Comfortable taking ownership of critical product decisions that will mean the success or failure of our flagship product
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Proven ability to assess and address technical risks.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Familiarity with solar energy, utilities and carbon credit are a plus
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to assess and address technical risks.
- Proven ability to facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Professional project management certification from accredited intuition preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Trending Premob Coordinator Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with an attractive cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Any application without a cover letter will be automatically discarded
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- As an early stage company, you will have a significant impact on the progress of the company. You should be both collaborative and a self-starter who cannot wait to shine in an entrepreneurial environment
Trending Professional Driver at Equip and Logistics Services Limited
Application Closing Date: 6th January, 2022.