The African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights will deliver five Judgments on Thursday (28 March 2019) and one on Friday (29 March 2019) at the close of its four-week sitting of the 52nd Ordinary Session at its Seat in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Court which is composed of eleven Judges, nationals of Member States of the African Union elected in their individual capacity meets four times a year in Ordinary Sessions and may hold Extra-Ordinary Sessions.
A press release from the office of the Registrar discloses that the Judgments scheduled for Thursday are on the following matters:
- Application 009/2015 – Lucien Ikili Rashidi v. United Republic of Tanzania
- Application 025/2016 – Kenedy Ivan v. United Republic of Tanzania
- Application 042/2016 – Collectif des Anciens Travailleurs du Laboratoires ALS v. Republic of Mali
- . Application 016/2017 – Dexter Eddie Johnson v. Republic of Ghana
- Application 053/2016 – Oscar Josiah v. United Republic of Tanzania
The Judgment scheduled for Friday is on the following matter:
Application 013/2017 – Sebastien Germain Ajavon v. Republic of Benin
The delivery of the Judgments will begin at 10H00 (East African Local time) and will be live streamed via the following link: